M

12 Messages

• 

500 Points

Thursday, July 11th, 2024 6:53 AM

reporting on attributes across multiple asset types

Hi - I want to be able to create a report within Collibra that includes attributes from multiple asset types.  I have tried using a global view and a catalog, but in both cases my report has only included attributes from 1 asset type and the names of relationship to a 2nd or 3rd asset type.  

Seems a simple ask, so any help much appreciated, (including confirmation that this can't be achieved).

Thanks

102 Messages

• 

6.9K Points

2 months ago

If should work with a Global View it will work;

• New Global View
  • use Filter and include your Asset Types in 'Equal' (you can select multiple)
  • the Field Selection you should now be able to select the overlapping Attribute, eg Description

Good Luck! 

12 Messages

• 

500 Points

thanks for you response, however I wanted the data on 1 line.  eg.

table asset name, table asset description, column asset name, column asset data type

Having both attributes (from different asset types) on the same line is the challenge here.

160 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

Hi Matthew, that would 'show a characteristic of a related asset'. This is not currently a possibility for asset views or relation tables.  Related ideas you can support and follow:

💡DCC-I-1145 Need improved asset or global view (e.g. ability to show a relation's characteristics, display the relation of a relation, display relation fullname))

💡DGCPLAT-I-44 Asset page: relation table: view relation of related asset

💡DCC-I-2768 Ability to display an asset property on another asset page following a given relation path

The main challenge for all of these is performance. A possible solution would be to only support a limited amount of pre-configured relation paths, similar as how the facetting/relation filters in Data Marketplace work at the moment.