D

80 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Wednesday, August 7th, 2024 3:23 PM

New UI Ideation: Restore Overview/Details/History to the Asset Quality pages

Hello,

With the new UI the only visibility on the Asset Quality page is the score itself. In the Classic UI this meant you could determine what made up that score. An asset with multiple metrics/rules could potentially be in a passing range, while failing on specific data quality rules. I have submitted an ideation to have that functionality restored in the new UI: Ideation Platform - Collibra | Product Resource Center

As a comparison, the old UI would present this information:

Overview:

Details:

History:

The New UI for the same asset would only show this:

The only difference being is that if there were related dimensions it would show aggregated scores for those dimensions. Our usage for the Asset Quality information was to have users that we do not want having access to the data itself, to be able to have visibility on the data quality metrics and scoring in a data agnostic format.

117 Messages

• 

8K Points

2 months ago

Aggregation Pathways aka CDIP Data Quality Rules. Good news @daverichard , this is coming (back) in 2024.10 release. Basically it will align back (I'm told) with the documentation >> About data quality rules (collibra.com)

I'm not sure about the actual DQ Rule metric Score that Collibra DQO produces. Currently we don't see this in the integration, noting that a DQ Job metric Global Score is equal to 100 less all the component DQ Rule Score (but cannot go below 0), on a DQ Rule we only see metric Passing Fraction (or inputs to, like metrics  Rows Passed, Loaded Rows, Rows Failed).

(edited)

117 Messages

• 

8K Points

Incidentally, in the New UI there are some baked in - and non-configurable - Aggregation Pathways... 

• Column > aggregation [by DQ Dimension ] on metric Passing Fraction
  • Table/Schema/Database > aggregation [NOT by DQ Dimension ] on metric Global Score

I have heard they will be configurable in 2024.20 too. 

(edited)

117 Messages

• 

8K Points

Finally @daverichard in our Asset Scope for - for example column - we define a Section in the Layout for our Data Quality attributes / relationships. This means they are clearly delineated and visible ... for example we put in there

• related CDEs
  • related Issues
  • related DQ Rules

(edited)

80 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

@grantrollerson1​ this appears to relate to the rule. Which is interesting because it is empty in my assets despite having an assigned rule and the metric relationship is not visible in the column page. Which I had missed.

What is gone is the ability to view the metrics and their related values in the asset Quality tab. While the aggregation information is interesting, we only had that in place since it was available. At minimum the preference is to be able to see the related metrics in any way as it was in the classic UI.

80 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

After a bit of digging around I found that custom relationships from the classic UI are no longer automatically displayed in their asset layout. I was able to setup a similar Data Quality section, and partially replicate the Details information. I will have to play around to see if there is any way to get the metrics displayed based on the Dimensions. It does not appear that currently that can be displayed.

Now, that said, the ideal situation would be to have those sections back in the actual Quality tab. If this had been documented in the new UI changes section, and options provided then we would have been prepared.

117 Messages

• 

8K Points

Yea it's a curious thing that the metrics don't live in the Score data asset... they are scattered b/n the rule and the score(s)