S

Wednesday, August 16th, 2023 4:53 AM

Domain not visible but able to find asset in search

HI,

I am seeing a weird Issue.
When I navigate through my Org structure, I don’t have a domain “Issues” under my “customer” Community.
but when I search for an Issue" XXX" I was able to find the Issue under “Issues” Domain of “Customer” Community.

tried to navigate back , I was able to go to “Issues” Domain. (and I see There are no restrictions on the domain)
When I tried to navigate to “Customer” community > I dont see the “Issues” Domain.

Am I missing anything here? is there any other Hiding concept aprt from View Permissions?
How can I see my “Issues” domain under “customer” community.

(Issues is not visible here)

1 year ago

Hi Sindhu,

It is a hidden domain that exists in every community and cannot be reconfigured.

Regards,
Satish

1.2K Messages

Hi
This is a system created domain type and won’t be visible this way.
It you wand you can create a custom domain then you can do it the usual way or if you want to view this domain then I would suggest you to create a view and pin it on a dashboard.

41 Messages

May I know the purpose of having these hidden domains in every community?
why do we want to create our issues in hidden domain?
so, even the communities that we created will have hidden communities?

41 Messages

how can I create a view to this domain?

1.2K Messages

System domain ‘Issues’ of Issues Vocabulary Type belong to every community and that is why they are not restricted to a particular community. The reason is every community can have issues that can be registered under this ‘Issues’ domain
Hence It won’t be visible under one specific community.

Communities won’t be hidden communities but if you want to restrict the visibility then you can use the view permissions.

Worth noting that we are only taking about the System domain resource types here.
You can create a custom domain under any community with a different name like ‘Data Quality Issues’ that would be visible under that community without any problem because it is a custom domain which you created and not a system generated one

1.2K Messages

Or you can simply copy the url when you are in that domain. Copy that and go to your dashboard and put it in the ‘Quick links widget’. you can navigate this domain from there.
Alternatively I have posted the reasoning and other solution in the comments above

3 Messages

• 

500 Points

7 months ago

Hi Satish,

I don’t think we can delete the OOTB domain types. Then why should it be hidden under community?

Regards,
Alekhya

7 months ago

Hi Alekhya,

I was referring to the Issue Vocabulary domain and not the domain type.

Regards,
Satish

3 Messages

• 

500 Points

Hi Satish,

Thank you for the clarification.

Regards,
Alekhya