L

Saturday, March 26th, 2022 2:38 AM

REVIEWED-PENDING DOCUMENTATION: Can I integrate Collibra DQ with CDIC (DG) without a Collibra Edge server?

Question: Can I integrate Collibra DQ with CDIC (DG) without a Collibra Edge server?
“I had heard through the grapevine that there is a ‘hard code’ option to connect DIC and DQ without the connector that runs on Edge. Do you know of this option? Can you explain? Customer has DIC and DQ. They want to ingest DQ output into DIC as attributes. Customer does not have Edge, and not planning on installing edge. How can customer ingest DQ into DIC without the Edge-based connector”

Answer from Vadim Vaks:
“They can’t. Anything running in the CDIC has no direct access to anything installed on the customer’s environment. Not sure how much good DGC in CDIC will be without Edge generally speaking.

Next Question:“ Customers have JobServer, not Edge. So to confirm, it is impossible to ingest from CDQ into CDIC without Edge. There is no workaround until:

1. Customer installs Edge.
  2. DQ cloud is released, but alas it will be released on Edge so it circles back to A.”

Answer by Vadim Vaks:
“That’s right and DQaaS cannot be installed without Edge … Only thing they could do is write their own metric extraction logic, run it somewhere, and push to CDIC public APIs for Catalog (this is essentially what the DQ connector capability does).”

No Responses!