P

Wednesday, August 31st, 2022 5:30 PM

Denodo to Collibra integration - no complex relation on Columns level

Hi, I set up Denodo integration and I’m able to ingest assets, I see attributes, relations and complex relation. Complex relation is visible only on Table level , but no on the Columns level. Is it something what need to be change in the config file or it is because on configuration of Denodo tool?

368 Messages

2 years ago

Hi @collibra.advocate.7,

Thanks for trying the Denodo to Collibra integration.

The Denodo integration having version 1.1.0 should create complex relations between Columns according to the associations returned by the GET_ASSOCIATIONS VQL query result.

Therefore, it might be that there is no data (i.e. associations) on Denodo for the databases being synchronised. You can confirm this by executing the VQL query located in com.collibra.marketplace.denodo.repository.ColumnAssociationsRepository (for the findColumnAssociations method).

8 Messages

Hi team,

Thank you.
How I can execute the VQL query located in
com.collibra.marketplace.denodo.repository.ColumnAssociationsRepository?
I’m getting error:

Not sure it’s relevant but I’m triggering integration by Postman.

368 Messages

2 years ago

Hi @collibra.advocate.7,

The integration, once triggered, it automatically makes this VQL query to the Denodo instance.

For debugging purposes, this VQL query can be tested either using the Denodo Design Studio or by debugging the Spring Boot integration and viewing what is being returned by the findColumnAssociations method.

Yes, it should be ok to trigger the integration via Postman. Thanks

8 Messages

Hi Spring Boot Team,

thank you. It’s working as expected, but…
When I’m running just 1 database everything looks good, I’m able to ingest assets, create attributes, relations and complex relations, but if I’m listing few databases in the application.properties integrations fail on last step (5/5 import).

Do you know what can be the issue?

Thank you,
Piotr

368 Messages

2 years ago

Hi @collibra.advocate.7,

Thanks for the update.

Regarding the error encountered, can you please forward the logs as a private message? Thanks

8 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, thank you.
I found work around for the issue.

Thank you for support,
Piotr

Hi @collibra.advocate.7,

We are facing the same issue. What was the workaround you found? Changing the application.properties for each database or perhaps 2 services that are running? Maybe you found a different solution?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

8 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Laurens,

I configured several running services because I wanted to have different frequency of scheduled refreshes.

Best Regards,
Piotr