R

37 Messages

• 

600 Points

Monday, December 18th, 2023 11:35 AM

Okta --> SCIM --> Collibra

To administer our user community, I have been tasked with implementing Okta, Scim 2 and Collibra. I was wondering if anyone else has already actioned such a request and would be willing to share their knowledge of this.

I have setup the Okta Dev Admin account and we already have a dev Cloud instance of Collibra, The issue that I am facing is trying to understand the use of JWT and in particular the bearer token that is needed to complete the SCIM API integration field “OAuth Bearer Token”. How is this bearer token derived?

160 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

10 months ago

Hi @robert.innes.booking.com , the Oauth Bearer Token equals Your JSON Web Token. This is according the to the SCIM Documentation > Okta > JWT authentication page on the Developer portal.

I hope this helps! And if not, that someone with more expertise on the matter can chime in. :wink:

Kind regards
Ann

82 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

10 months ago

@robert.innes.booking.com, Collibra University Premium (subscription needed) also offers a step-by-step walkthrough course on how to enable SCIM for Okta with Collibra. You may have already implemented it by now, but just thought I would mention it.

37 Messages

• 

600 Points

Well thats no much use to me if I dont have Premium subscription. Are you refering to the same document as mentioned by Ann Wuyts as above, or is this something different

82 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

This is different than Ann’s recommendation – I am referring to an online training course with step-by-step video walk-throughs. JWT Bearer token setup is quite complex and if you do not have prior experience with JWT, you’ll find the course very helpful. I’m not sure what your organization’s requirements are, but just noting that basic authentication is also an option for Okta.

The premium subscription comes with various benefits that accommodate technical Collibra users – unlimited access to live public training, access to more technical course content (like SCIM setup), and the ability to take our interactive Virtual Labs.

You can learn more about our Premium Education Subscription here.

Sometimes people also find our coaching services as a good route to get expert help through specific topics like SCIM setup.

Hope that helps, Robert!