R

Monday, December 13th, 2021 11:23 AM

OneTrust and ServiceNow Integration

Please help me validate my understanding for the following integration queries:

1. OneTrust: Currently there is no connector for this and custom APIs need to be used for any integration activities
  2. ServiceNow: Currently there is no connector for this and custom APIs need to be used for any integration activities

I see there are some packages for both these applications on the marketplace. But these seem to be use cases. Please help me validate my understanding.

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

@rahul.nair.external.toyota-europe.com Correct. Collibra does not provide any active integration capabilities whatsoever.
There used to be a packaged Mulesoft solution called “Collibra connect”, which has now been replaced with the spring boot applications available on the marketplace. You should consider those as examples or accelerators of custom integrations you could build yourself.

670 Messages

• 

12.5K Points

3 years ago

I moved this to the ‘Point-to-Point Integrations’ forum meant to handle Spring Boot listings questions. @spring-team.collibra.com will be able to chime in here too.

38 Messages

3 years ago

Hi Rahul,
Depending on your use-cases we have different options listed on the Collibra Marketplace.
We have a partner proposing some One-Trust to Collibra integration based on specific use-case here.

Also, for ServiceNow, we have a plain and supported integration to ServiceNow leverging the JDBC framework (here) and other use-cases based ServiceNow integrations here.

Finally, on-demand and paid for we can leverage the Spring technology for specific needs.
Hope this helps,
Best regards,.

46 Messages

• 

400 Points

3 years ago

Hi,
If I can extend this conversation a little more regarding the JDBC connector for ServiceNow. I’m not understanding what the JDBC for ServiceNow will actually do for me. The documentation states
the following, when it says Register ServiceNow sources, does that mean it will automatically create a Collibra Data Source that will use the connection information that is located in ServiceNow?

Overview

The ServiceNow JDBC driver can be used in the Collibra Catalog in the section ‘Collibra provided drivers’ to register ServiceNow sources. Leveraging this driver, Collibra Catalog will be able to register database information and extract the structure of the source into its schemas, tables and columns.

Collibra JDBC drivers can retrieve the following database components:

• Schemas
  • Tables
  • Views
  • Columns
  • Primary keys
  • Foreign keys

1.2K Messages

ServiceNow has an underlying data model. The collibra jdbc connector will only help to document this underlying data model, such as: Database views in the base system (servicenow.com)

Examples: change_request_metric, change_request_sla, change_task_metric, change_task_sla, change_task_time_worked, incident_metric, incident_sla, incident_time_worked, pm_project_metric, pm_project_sla, pm_project_task_metric, pm_project_task_sla, pm_project_task_time_worked, problem_metric, problem_sla, release_feature_metric, release_project_metric, release_task_metric, release_task_sla, sc_request_metric, sc_request_sla, sc_req_item_metric, sc_req_item_sla, sc_task_metric, sc_task_sla…

The objective is to provide the servicenow metadata so that you can know what type of data is available and govern the servicenow model.

But it’s not a functional integration, i.e. you cannot read data from servicenow into Collibra (such as “get me all the data related tickets”) and you cannot push data to servicenow for automation such as data access management.
For this, you will need to build custom integrations as there are none OOTB.

46 Messages

• 

400 Points

Ahhh. Thank you very much Arthur. This is the kind of information we need added to all the JDBC drivers. This cleared up the use case for me on this driver!!

What I was hoping for is to get all the Databases that we plan on putting into ServiceNow as IT Assets for support purposes and pull them out of ServiceNow and integrate with Collibra. In order to scan the database when it lands in ServiceNow.

Thanks again Arthur!

1.2K Messages

Glad to be of help! :blush:
Indeed, if you want to retrieve the list of all databases, you will have to build a custom integration. I really hoped that the Path to Integration Innovation webinar would have answered some of those use cases, which it sadly didn’t…

If you have integration capabilities (iPaaS, ESB, ETL, etc. like mulesoft, tibco, informatica, etc.), you could build your custom integration with that.
Or you could use the marketplace Spring boot templates (unsupported at the time, and maybe they will never will be).
In any case, make sure to use the import API, it’s awesome.

Personally, I use python scripts.