J

Thursday, September 7th, 2023 1:57 PM

What tables do you bring into Collibra from SAP. There are over 18,000 table/field records!

We are connecting metadata from SAP S/4 Hana to Collibra using Safyr. The connector will bring in over 18,000 records - many of which we do not need. What types of tables/fields are you all cataloging in Collibra? Do you focus only on specific types of tables (i.e. transaction, view, translate, etc.). How do you narrow down to what is relevant to your organization?

11 months ago

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

22 Messages

11 months ago

Hi @jackie.plystak , with Safyr (Collibra ERP / CRM Integrator) you have something called Subject Areas. The tool comes with a number of OOTB Subject Areas that groups tables for SAP specific areas. You can also create your own Subject Areas selecting the tables you want to export to Collibra.
When you export to Collibra you have to select which Subject Areas you want to export, you don’t have to select them all if you don’t want to see them all in Collibra. I agree, they would be too many. One of the goal of using Collibra ERP / CRM Integrator is actually the possibility to analyse the metadata, slice and select only the ones you want to export.
Regards
Rosario Carbone

3 Messages

10 months ago

Jackie:
when i was working in SAP, a vanilla instance of SAP would have over 50,000 tables…not just 18,000.
I recommend focusing on those tables that hold master data. I recommend you go here: [SAP Tables (system-overload.org)]([https://www.system-overload.org/sap/tables.html](http://SAP Tables))
to help you identify the critical tables you will find in SAP.

These are some of the core 200 tables that should help you.
Once you have these pulled in, you can start expanding upon the subject areas.
Depending on your company’s industry, you’ll probably want to focus on
Masterdata: Customer, Vendor, Materials, Pricing,
then go after the transactions: Order, Procurement, Accounting, Finance AR/AP, GL
Good luck!