S

87 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Thursday, July 18th, 2024 2:00 PM

Validation checks are in the wrong order

How do I control the order in which the validation results are shown?  They do not appear in the same order as the validation checks, but I want them to be in the order of the checks themselves, essentially going from most important to least important. Thanks!

Accepted Solution

160 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

3 months ago

Hello Scott, the order in which the rules run has no impact on the result. If I understand correctly, you want to have control over which order the rules are displayed in when the result is shown to users?

Please chime in on DCC-I-2300 Execution of Validation Rules should be in order defined, and confirm that it is mainly the *display* order you are looking for. 

Please note this is not the most sought-after functionality, but I'd like to update the idea to reflect properly what you'd like to achieve.

3 Messages

• 

360 Points

2 months ago

I might be a bit off-topic, but I hope you can help. Is there a way to see the results of all checks in a validation rule at once? I'm checking 10 attributes of an asset, and if one is empty, it stops there and shows a message like 'attribute a needs to be filled'. I'd like to know if other attributes also need to be filled, instead of just stopping at the first one. Can this be done?

87 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

@BUAmina​ I haven ot found a method to do what you want - and have run into the same problem.  The only solution that seems to work is to word the error message to remind the user to check all of the other attributes also