U

1 Message

• 

705 Points

Thursday, May 23rd, 2024 5:22 PM

Retrieve inherited responsibilities using Java Library

Hello everyone, I am currently developing a workflow for which I need to retrieve assets that are assigned to a specific user group. The assignments of these assets are inherited from their domain or another parent entity. My Groovy script to fetch the responsibilities is as follows:

It appears that this request only returns responsibilities which are not inherited. The outcome remains unchanged regardless of whether the "includeInherited" parameter is set to true or false. Has anyone else encountered this issue or has an idea of how to fix this?

Thanks for the help, A.

61 Messages

• 

705 Points

2 months ago

the includeInherited method in the FindResponsibilitiesRequest is only applicable when finding responsibilities on a given resource, since this example code is finding responsibilities based on a given owner (user or group) it does not apply.

Since you have the group id, you can search for any responsibilities assigned to the group, and from there get the applicable resource.  So it would require additional steps to find the inherited resources.  If the resource is a Domain, then every asset in that domain inherits it, if the resource is a community, then every asset in every domain in that community also inherits that responsibility.