FU

Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021 12:14 AM

What's the best way to get a comment feed for a domain?

Hi there,

As we see more pickup in Collibra usage, I’m running into a problem that users are leaving comments on assets that are ignored by admins, since we don’t have a good way to view them. Is there some way to show a comment feed for a domain (similar to the “activity feed” on this forum) that would put all of the comments for domains we administer into a single list?

Thank you,

Anca.

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

This is a fantastic idea but not available as of yet.

I think there are loads of use cases that really lend themselves well to more of an open and collaborative approach towards documentation. One that jumps to mind are Data Sets and commentary around how you’ve consumed them, and ratings around how useful you found them .

A running feed that gives you a view of what people are talking about would really work well in those scenarios.

If you really need to have a consolidated view of comments in a domain and you think it would be of help, I could share a workflow that allows you to export comments to Excel.

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Ahahah, you beat me to the punch, @alvin.useree.lloydsbanking.com!
Indeed fantastic idea, and developing the socialization features (chat, forum) aspects of Collibra would be great.

I’m interested to see your workflow, Alvin.
Given the requirements of Anca, it would probably be best to have a recurring workflow to send emails with latest comments.

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Ahaha :smiley:

I think you’re right, probably the best workflow solution would be a workflow that replicates the OOTB Notification functionality but just for comments.

This workflow doesn’t do that, but perhaps might be a good starting point. I like to keep this one in my back pocket, been a life saver over the years!

I have to credit Gustavo from Collibra. I’ve repurposed his Export History workflow:

1.2K Messages

Hmm. I like the “Export” idea, but how do I get that info BACK into Collibra? Ideally one of the admins would be able to show up at a single portal / dashboard, and see all the things they need to notice/do - rather than having to go to Email, a spreadsheet, AND Collibra.

Have any of you tried embedding Google Sheets into Collibra as an iFrame?

15 Messages

3 years ago

HI,
It’s possible to include comments in the OOB notification workflow and then comments are part of the update to users. The only problem is that you need to subscribe to domain first to get those notifications.