Data Catalog

No Description Added

Have a question?

Create Post

Recent Conversations

View More

(22)
How to add Release notes section to our Data Warehouse asset page

Every week our data warehousing team release updates to our data warehouse (Snowflake) and I want to store and maintain all release notes within the data warehouse asset page within our platform. Any guidance on this is much appreciated.

Questions

Validation Rule script using "isequal" seems to return true/valid regardless of values.

My use case: Validate that the Name and Full Name attributes have the same value. The script rule { isEqual(attributes.'Full Name'.first(), attributes.'Name'.first(), message:"The Full Name and Name attributes must have the same value" ) } The rule returns valid/true -- even when the value

Questions

How are teams cataloging Microsoft Access DBs?

Unfortunately, we have a large number of MS Access data sources and we need to catalog them. I don't see it listed as a possible data source for Edge.  I'm sure we're not the only ones with this issue - how are you cataloging your Access databases?

Questions

New UI Ideation: Restore Overview/Details/History to the Asset Quality pages

Hello, With the new UI the only visibility on the Asset Quality page is the score itself. In the Classic UI this meant you could determine what made up that score. An asset with multiple metrics/rules could potentially be in a passing range, while failing on specific data quality rules. I have subm

Questions

Ingest columns as Accepted or Approved

How can i ingest columns connecting to a data source (SQL server) with a particular status (Accepted or Approved)? And also how i can grab descriptions from databases. We are on new UI and EDGE.

Questions

Validating nested attribute within a relation

Hey there, I'm having trouble with a validation rule. I'm trying to access a nested attribute within a relation and validate its value, but I can't seem to get it right. I've tried a few different ways to access the nested attribute, but I'm struggling to navigate the structure and perform the valid

Questions

Accepted Solution

Request for additional Supported HTML Tag

Hi, the supported HTML tags are a limited set. I know it's a bit picky but is there a chance to add the `var`-Element to it? `code` and `samp` for example are already there, so… Thank you!

Questions

Has anyone ever imported metadata for Catalog from a JSON or XSD?

Has anyone successfully imported metadata into the Catalog where the Data Source's schema is JSON Schema or the Data Object is a report in XML format that has an XSD schema definition file?

Questions

Accepted Solution

Creating Resource Roles and Adding Permissions

Hello, I'm trying to create and add permissions to custom Resource Roles. I can create the Role itself without issues, but I cannot get it to show in the Resource Permissions page.  Can someone help me with how to have it recognized as a role I can set permissions to?

Questions

Layout Edit & Catalog Section

The Catalog Section on the Layout edit page is not available for the data asset "File." Is that a bug or what could e the reason why not make available Catalog Section for Files as it is for Tables? For a give File I would like to show all the Fields and their attributes but without the Catalog Sec

Questions