FU

Wednesday, May 26th, 2021 4:03 PM

Hiding Comments in Approval Workflow?

Hi all, our Data Governance Team opted to require comments in our Approval workflow, but we’ve gotten some feedback from individual stewards that they’d like the comments hidden. Is there a way to modify the view permissions on the comments of a business term? In other words, so that the SME and Steward could comment to one another, but their comments wouldn’t be visible to the Normal/Consumer user? Thanks!

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hey Chrissy,

I believe your best bet would be to log a ticket with Collibra Support and ask there.

If you go to this page and scroll down to configuration 11.

https://productresources.collibra.com/docs/cloud-admin/latest/#Console/Infrastructure/DGCService/Configuration/ref_environment-settings.htm?Highlight=Hide%20profile

You’ll see something called module overrides and page definitions. I’ve seen other Collibra users hide certain features such as profiling and data quality based in a user’s role using this configuration.

Unfortunately, if you are on the Cloud only Collibra themselves can configure this for you. The documentation around this is also very much lacking so I’m not sure if you can hide the comment section specifically.

I think if you log a support ticket and reference this post, you’ll get a very good view of whether it’s possible.

As the documentation around this functionality is non existent, would you mind letting us know whether support tell you it’s possible? I’m sure it will benefit other Collibra users as well as myself :slightly_smiling_face: