R

6 Messages

• 

300 Points

Thursday, June 20th, 2024 5:23 PM

Layout Edit & Catalog Section

The Catalog Section on the Layout edit page is not available for the data asset "File."

Is that a bug or what could e the reason why not make available Catalog Section for Files as it is for Tables?

For a give File I would like to show all the Fields and their attributes but without the Catalog Section, I only able to show the relationship "contains fields" but it does allow me to show the attributes of each field (all as a table on the File page).

Thanks!

117 Messages

• 

8K Points

4 months ago

You should see the attribute or relationship on the left-hand side (like *Description* attached), you can then drag them into the Data Layout, and Publish. 

Always use your own Scope, don't butcher the OOTB Global Assignment. That is your reference Scope 😉

6 Messages

• 

300 Points

Yes, I can see both relationship and attributes but what is missing for "File" layout is the "Catalog Section." see below:

160 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

Hi @raulmartinez 

Having more control over the (contents of the) Catalog sections in the layout editor is in the works, and the contents will become available as 'widgets' too. You can follow for updates on DCC-I-2814 Allow customisation for OOTB Catalog Layouts

Kind regards

Ann

117 Messages

• 

8K Points

Hi @raulmartinez I confirm the same. I assume it's b/c File is an Asset Type from the Technology Asset family, hmmm.